When Packzi was accepted to the charter school, I new the transition would be difficult for everyone. She would lose her friends of two plus years. FullEclipse and I also had to change things to accommodate the required hours of parental participation.
Since it seems, I don’t do things half-assed, I decided to sign up for the PTA though it is called something else here. Serving in the PTA satisfies the participation hours because it takes a lot of time to go to meetings, organize events, etc.
I wanted to do the volunteer coordinator because it seemed like the easiest job. Come on, how difficult is it to keep track and contact people? By the way, my PTA duties haven’t officially started and I am almost done with the hours any other parents needs to complete in a year. This week alone has been crazy with PTA stuff. I have been shaking a lot of hands and introducing myself, “I am…..the new volunteer coordinator.”
School for me begins on Monday. As I was trying to grasp the events of the week, it dawned on me. THERE ARE 550 FAMILIES IN THE SCHOOL which means I HAVE TO KEEP TRACK OF THEIR HOURS. 550 families. The enormity of the task was clear.
So, until January when Paczki stays in school late, my days go like this:
- Wake up and get Paczki and I ready – Thank God for FullEclipse and my mom for watching K2
- Grab breakfast for me on the go
- Get to school
- Stay with Paczki for her breakfast and wait until 8:00 to make sure she is safe in her classroom.
- Get to work
- Take care of K2 while doing work
- Leave to get Paczki
- Come back to work
- Do lunch for me somewhere in between
- Pick up kid at 12:10
- Come back to work
- Finish work and watch kids
- Go to the doctor whenever I have sessions
- Get home
- Cook dinner – beginning on Monday since I gotta lose the 5lbs I put on
- Clean dishes
- Trying to help Paczki with homework since FullEclipse can’t do Spanish
- Cuddle K2
Once the pick up for school begins at 2:10, I will be able to have more time to exercise and homework – I hope.
I am glad that FullEclipse can pick up the cooking whenever I fall behind. He also does the laundry despite me wanting to do it.
Being busy is great, but I worry about school.
Oh and did I tell you that beside my PTA duties, I have signed up to be the room parent. I share duties with another mom which is great because:
I WANT TO BE ON THE COMMITTEE FOR THE CHARTER STATUS RENEWAL FOR PACKZI’S SCHOOL.
FullEclipse says, “no way in hell!”